The Millennial Leadership Program for Multicultural Women is an intensive, innovative 6-month immersion program that embraces the principles used in Harvard University’s groundbreaking authentic leadership program. The program will:
- Enable emerging leaders to work and be mentored by powerful corporate, non-profit and government high-level professional women.
- Arm young leaders with the knowledge, skills, and tools to accelerate their leadership and professional development.
- Provide culturally-relevant strategies that allow program participants to step into leadership roles and promote the value of a diverse influence.
- Promote all women leaders as influential change agents who can align an organization’s business initiatives with social responsibility.
The Millennial Leadership Program for Multicultural Women is the first of its kind with the goal of addressing the sociocultural realities of today’s emerging women leaders and is modeled after the highly successful Latina Millenial Leadership Program.
This curriculum, based on state-of-the-art research, is taught by University of Southern California (USC) faculty scholars and real-world practitioners with global insights to relevant experiences professional women leaders of all cultures face in the workplace.
Be one of the five selected Millennial Protégés to be mentored by powerful corporate,
non-profit and government high-level professional women
Mentorship Board of Directors
Each Emerging Leader will be assigned a mentorship board of directors whom they will consult with for guidance, advice and feedback. In addition, protégés will be part of a team of 5 whom will meet monthly to complete the assignment for the month. These teams enable participants to discuss personal materials in a more intimate group setting and to encourage a higher level of openness and reflection.
Tuition PLUS Executive or Entrepreneur Coaching with Dr. Davidds Packages
Tuition plus one 90-Minute Private Coaching Session via Zoom with Dr. Yasmin Davidds
Tuition plus two 90-Minute Private Coaching Session via Zoom with Dr. Yasmin Davidds
Tuition plus three 90-Minute Private Coaching Session via Zoom with Dr. Yasmin Davidds
Who should attend?
The program is designed for professional young leaders between the ages of 25 to 34 years old.
What is the program’s purpose?
The purpose of the Millennial Leadership Program is that leaders who are mentored, know themselves well and consciously develop their leadership abilities throughout their lifetimes, will be more effective and more successful leaders and will lead more satisfying and fulfilling lives. To do so, leaders must take responsibility for their own development, rather than relying entirely on their organizations for leadership development.
Why this program?
The Millennial Leadership program will provide young leaders with ideas, techniques, and tools to assist them in their leadership development journeys, exploring concepts such as lifelong leadership development, the power of their life story, the impact of their crucible, discovering their authentic self, knowing their values, leadership principles, and ethical boundaries, understanding their motivated capabilities, building support teams, leading an integrated life, purpose-driven, empowering leadership, and improving leadership effectiveness through their style and use of power.
- To enable young professional women to understand individual leadership journeys by reflecting upon and framing life stories and experiences.
- To participate fully in open, intimate small-group discussions about the reflective completed exercises.
- To gain clarity about leadership principles, values, and ethical boundaries, and how to respond under pressure when challenged.
- To understand motivations, both extrinsically and intrinsically, and to find leadership paths that will enable utilizing motivated capabilities.
- To explore how to build support teams and lead an integrated life.
- To understand leadership purpose and empower other leaders, while optimizing leadership effectiveness.
- To create Personal Leadership Development Plans as a lifelong guide.
– Women in Leadership 360-Assessment™ Pre/Post 360
– Stakeholder Centered Coaching (Dr. Marshall Goldsmith)
– Myers Briggs
– Monthly Team Leader Assessment
– Monthly Team Member Assessment
- 3-Day Intensive Leadership Session Launch at USC
- Monthly Weekend (2 days) on-site Leadership Session at USC (Months 2-6)
- Executive Receptions
- Networking Sessions
- Weekly Team Conference Calls
The program is open to professional young leaders between the ages of 25 to 34 years old. We are searching for rising leaders and innovators that are committed to achieving transformational change in their communities, countries, and professional fields with a global impact. Through a competitive application process, the program will accept approximately five exceptional leaders with the following qualifications:
- Demonstration of leadership as indicated by professional, volunteer, and other activities.
- Strength of character, motivation, and commitment to personal and professional goals.
- Full intention to participate in all program activities.
- 4-year college degree required (exceptions will be considered case by case).
Please note: The program is not appropriate for women who are full-time students, seeking elected office, or going through a professional or personal transition. It requires a considerable time commitment and the full attention of all of the participants during the training sessions. Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis. Once all seats have been filled, applications will no longer be accepted. Applications are to be submitted through email only.
*This is a partial list:
- Fostering Innovation
- Influential Leadership
- Cultivating an Agile Team
- Operating with a Global Perspective
- Effective Negotiating
- Accelerating Business Decisions
- Enhancing Business Results
- Leading Beyond Conflict
- Networking for Greater Collaboration
- Cultivating Winning Partnerships
- Communicating for Leadership Success
- Delegating with Purpose
- Driving Change
- Leading High-Performance Teams
- Cultivating a Culture of Trust
- Valuing Differences
- Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
- Transformational Leadership
- Coaching Difficult People
- Building Social Capital
- Emotional Intelligence
Steps to measure results of leadership development program
- Women in Leadership 360-Assessment™: Participants take the pre-program Women in Leadership 360-Assessment™ to benchmark 6 competencies critical to career advancement. 360-Assessment data is collected prior to beginning the program to establish a baseline.
- Stakeholder Centered Coaching: In consultation with their certified coach, participants select 1–2 leadership growth areas based on the multi-rater Women in Leadership 360-Assessment™ results that identified leadership strengths and bottlenecks. Stakeholders provide participants with practical suggestions that relate to the selected leadership growth areas. Stakeholders’ suggestions and areas for skill development are incorporated into a 5-month action plan that participants commit to implementing during the program. Involving stakeholders is critical to this process because it creates shared accountability for change. Stakeholders are now involved in your growth and become part of the shift in perception and impact that you’re creating.
- Leadership growth will be measured pre-program and post-program via online surveys and is based on changes in stakeholders’ perceptions.
- Post-Assessment Impact Report data is collected post-program and is compared to pre-program data. Behavior change is measured and summarized into a report.
2021 Millennial Leadership Program for Multicultural Women- Leadership Session Dates
|March 12||Saturday||Kick-Off Weekend||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
|March 13||Saturday||Kick-Off Weekend||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
|March 14||Sunday||Kick-Off Weekend||9:00pm – 3:00pm (pst)||
|April 10||Saturday||Leadership Session||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
|April 11||Sunday||Leadership Session||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
|April 11||Sunday||Networking Lunch||12:00pm – 1:00pm (pst)||
|May 15||Saturday||Leadership Session||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
|May 16||Sunday||Leadership Session||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
|May 16||Sunday||Networking Lunch||12:00pm – 1:00pm (pst)||
|June 5||Saturday||Leadership Session||9:00am – 3:00pm (pst)||
If you are interested in financing, applying for a partial scholarship, or have questions about tuition,
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation Scholarships are available for all self-funded applicants.
Cancellation Policy: Due to program demand and the volume of pre-program preparation, cancellations or deferrals received 20 calendar days before the start date of the first class session per 2021 Calendar are subject to one-half of the program fees. Any requests or deferrals within 19 calendar days before the start date of the first class session per 2021 Calendar and/or failure to attend the program will result in non-refundable program fees.